flutter, dart, android, cross-platform
Flutter is a new Google’s framework for creating cross-platform applications. So far, I haven’t tried to create any cross-platform projects so I wanted to give it a try. This won’t be a next basic tutorial for creating apps with Flutter. I’ll just present my first impression of things that have made me love and hate Flutter after a few hours of having fun with it.
React has introduced a new feature which allows you to use state and other React feature without writing class, upcoming Hooks, a new proposal in React 16.8.0, which are going to blow your socks off and enable our stateless function component does more than even before!
agile, programming practices, project management
Everybody seems to be doing Agile these days. Start-ups do it, big organisations do it, all the cool companies do it. That’s even how autonomous cars are being developed - the agile way. Even though it’s been agreed that ‘there’s no silver bullet’ in software development, well, apparently there must be and it’s Agile. Right? Don’t get me wrong. I love Agile. And that’s exactly why I hope it will never turn into Coldplay of software development. Sometimes it seems that Agile is becoming this crowd-pleasing, catchy thing, that slowly loses its meaning. What does it mean to be agile these days?
productivity, job, satisfaction, distractions
It happens quite often that we go with the flow and let our day be controlled by such things like notifications, emails, distractions from colleagues or countless meetings. But we often do not realise to what extent they all may affect our work and life, in general.
react-native, debug, android, ios, react, native
team, success, independence, trust
I am always saying that the future of work is all about people, the people feeling connected to the culture of their company and the vision of their organisation. Job is much more than a pay cheque. It is a place you go to improve your skill set, contribute to the greater good, and collaborate with other awesome people. And that is the case of our bright success. We are surrounded by Bright People every day.
Even though at Bright Inventions we use a number of technologies and work on multiple software stacks, we have a few practices that are common and widely accepted across all projects and stacks. One of these things is how we use source control, namely Git. Some parts of our workflow is highly subjective and some might even be regarded as controversial or suboptimal. Let me guide you through our process and explain some of our rationales.
networking, business, startups, cooperation
Networking gives you the chance to connect with new highly influential people easily, people who wouldn’t connect with you just through a cold email or a LinkedIn invitation. It’s a chance where you can build long term business relationships and to strengthen the relationship with old connections which could formulate into business growth. Not only can you build new connections but also the ability to gain new knowledge and receive advice that you were not able to get a hold off. Some people feel stressed, nervous about networking and speaking to new people, don’t be, just be yourself and have fun.
productivity, tips, procrastination, work
Procrastination can often make our lives miserable. It steals our time, money, and first of all satisfaction. So, what can we do not to let this powerful thief steal the greatness of our life? One may think it is not a question for me since I am quite disciplined and I rather do not face such problems. The reality is a bit different. Of course, I usually have a schedule that I follow, but apart from that I apply also a few rules that help me stay focused and engaged.
programming practices, project management
I have often heard that something is “almost ready”. This term is vague and brings more confusion than information. According to the Ninety-Ninety rule, 90% of the code is implemented during 90% of the project time and the remaining 10% of the code (“almost ready features”) can take even the same amount of time which would lead to massive project delays.