Why healthcare software development is not a future?
Digital transformation in healthcare is not just welcomed. It is needed. Global health challenges have to be globally addressed by tech. For patients and medical staff’s sake. Are you a startup founder? Are you ready to join the eHealth movement?
COVID-19 influence on healthcare tech
The pandemic has shown how medical care systems in most countries around the globe struggle with overload, understaffing and underfunding. Healthcare tech is the only solution to prevent that in the future. And we need a health digital transformation fast because other challenges are coming. HealthTech can’t be the future because it has to be the present.
Software and wearable devices in healthcare are the key
Telehealth remote patient monitoring is not a convenience, it is a demand. And it’s not referring only to online doctor consultations that we’ve experienced during a recent pandemic. We are talking about software that enables a remote management of patients’ conditions by a doctor. The software and modern devices make it possible to monitor one’s condition and react when medical assistance is needed. Also, patients get tools to manage their conditions. For example, they check their blood pressure at home, upload results via an app and the doctor gets the information in real-time.
It’s now or never for healthcare tech
Nowadays, we experience challenges that need to be addressed by tech:
- At least 1 in 4 people will experience behavioral illness at some point in their lives.
- WHO estimated that 264 million people around the world suffer from depression.
- At the same time globally less than 1% of government health expenditures goes to mental health services.
- According to Eurostat in 2020, more than 20% of the EU population was aged at least 65.
- Six in ten adults in the USA have a chronic disease.
- Estimates suggest that between 48 million couples and 186 million individuals live with infertility globally.
These statistics show the top directions that healthcare has to follow.
Are you ready to respond with a healthcare solution?
Do you have an idea for a healthcare app? Now is the time for custom software development. This is the way to make your idea a worthwhile tool that could assist medical staff and patients around the world. Customization and flexibility are crucial in this unique process. Learn more about healthcare custom software development.