Stand With Ukraine - How You Can Help
We want to show our support to the Ukrainian people - their spirit and the bravery they are showing - amidst this horrifying attack. According to United Nations refugee agency has reported over 1.7 million people from Ukraine have become refugees. As with any crisis, women, children, poor communities will be those most affected. When watching the war scenes it is easy to feel feeble and weak, but we believe that together we can help Ukraine in any way we can.
One of the best ways to help is by donating money through trusted charities and aid organisations as well as donating goods in your local collection points.
Currently, humanitarian assistance on the territory of Poland is provided under the Polish government coordination mechanism: www.pomagamukrainie.gov.pl.
One of the main priorities for the provision of assistance is its effectiveness in reaching the largest possible group of people in need and meeting their specific needs as efficiently as possible, taking into account the dynamics of the conflict itself and the situation of the people affected.
#SolidarnizUkraina (funds raised by Pomagam.pl)
You can check what to bring and what not to bring to the collection point.
List of provincial collection points
- dolnośląskie https://duw.pl/pl/wolnytekst/18151,Pomagamy-Ukrainie.html
- kujawsko-pomorskie https://www.gov.pl/web/uw-kujawsko-pomorski/lista-adresow-punktow-zbiorek-darow-dla-uchodzcow-z-ukrainy
- lubelskie https://www.lublin.uw.gov.pl/pomoc_humanitarna_na_Ukrainie
- lubuskie https://www.gov.pl/web/uw-lubuski/pomagamukrainie
- łódzkie https://www.gov.pl/web/uw-lodzki/pomagamukrainie2
- małopolskie https://malopolska.uw.gov.pl/pomagamukrainie
- mazowieckie https://www.gov.pl/web/uw-mazowiecki/pomagamyukrainie/
- opolskie https://www.gov.pl/web/uw-opolski/pomagamukrainie
- podkarpackie https://rzeszow.uw.gov.pl/pomagamukrainie/punkty-zbiorek-darow/
- podlaskie https://www.gov.pl/web/uw-podlaski/pomagamukrainie
- pomorskie https://www.gdansk.uw.gov.pl/pomagamy-ukrainie
- śląskie https://www.katowice.uw.gov.pl/pomagamukrainie
- świętokrzyskie https://www.kielce.uw.gov.pl/pl/wojewodztwo/pomagam-ukrainie/21162,Wykaz-zbiorek-pomocy-humanitarnej-dla-Ukrainy-w-powiatach-wojewodztwa-swietokrzy.html
- warmińsko-mazurskie https://www.gov.pl/web/uw-warminsko-mazurski/pomagam-ukrainie
- wielkopolskie https://www.poznan.uw.gov.pl/pomagamukrainie
- zachodniopomorskie https://www.szczecin.uw.gov.pl/?type=article&action=view&id=15190
NGOs are at the heart of civil society in Ukraine. While the age of digitization has dawned, charities are still far behind private businesses and state institutions. Weak security systems, outdated software and a lack of user-friendly UI and UX make it difficult for them to operate.
We have joined the initiative and so can you. How you can help?
- Take the pledge - decide whether you want to provide Custom software development, take part in a 2-week Sprint for impact (27.03-08.04) or pledge your time to providemeaningful consulting for non-profits.
- Select the projects of your interest - declare in what kind of projects would you like to participate in - define your problem and tech preference. We will get back to you with a list of potential projects that you could support.
- Get matched and start building a project - participate in a Matching Call where you will get to meet the non-profit team and check if there is a spark for a joint project. If yes then all there is left is to participate in a scoping session and you are good to go!
On Pomeranian Voivodeship Office website you can find all the information about our local Tricity support.
On Facebook page "Gdańsk Pomaga Ukrainie” there is a special donation you can take part in.
Below you can also find the list of several main international charities supporting people within Ukraine and providing medical and humanitarian aid. Among others these are:
- The Ukrainian Red Cross does loads of humanitarian work, from aiding refugees to training doctors. Donate here.
- The International Medical Corps is on the front lines and prepared to help citizens with emergency health care services, as well as mental health and psychosocial support. Donate here.
- Nova Ukraine is a nonprofit that delivers aid packages to Ukraine with everything from baby food and hygiene products, to clothes and household supplies. Donate here.
- UNICEF is repairing schools damaged by the bombings and providing an emergency response to children affected by the conflict. Donate here.
- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is deploying emergency operations in Ukraine and surrounding countries to provide food assistance to those fleeing the conflict. Donate here.
- SOS Children’s Villages has worked in Ukraine since 2003 and is coordinating an emergency response to support families who are living in the conflict areas and those who have been internally displaced. Find out more and donate here.
- The World Health Organization Foundation is raising funds for WHO’s Health Emergency Appeal for Ukraine. You can donate here.
- Direct Relief is working directly with Ukraine’s Ministry of Health and other on-the-ground partners to provide urgently needed medical aid, including emergency response packs intended for first responders, oxygen concentrators, critical care medicines, and much more. Donate here.
We should do everything we can to support the citizens of Ukraine in this terrible situation. We believe that we should listen to the voice of the Ukrainians themselves and help them in their time of need. Apart from financial and material support we should also fight disinformation, so please check facts and use reliable sources of information before you share them with others.