At Bright Inventions you'll be an important part of a group of talented, ambitious and positive developers, designers, managers and marketers who love to solve real problems and build software that really matters in today’s world.
We support and share responsibility with the members of our team. We also actively take responsibility for our own self-development. Positive attitude, flexibility and teamwork are elemental parts of our success. Clients trust us to build things that work and we take that seriously.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer who understands Java/Kotlin & Spring really well and who would like to work with AWS on daily basis.
And what would you do? Develop and enhance innovative and robust backend application for one of our main clients. The application is an intelligent point-of-sale widely used in Israel and since 2016 successfully entering European market. We are responsible here for providing: backend server, web application, a set of mobile applications including the main POS app, customer facing application and the self-checkout application. In addition to development we are taking care of the management, testing and the maintenance of the system.
Sounds exciting? We hope it does. 🧡
- create high-quality backend applications
- participate in software code reviews
- provide leadership on cross-functional projects
- have a direct contact with clients and advise in their decision making process
- share knowledge with the rest of the team
- improve internal web development processes
- at least 4-5 years of commercial programming experience (including min. 3 years in backend development)
- excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- very good working knowledge and deep understanding of Java/Kotlin
- experience with Spring framework
- experience with databases, in particular MySQL/PostgreSQL/Redshift
- familiarity with AWS or other Cloud providers
- advanced communications kills in English (both written and spoken))
- experience with development in Node.js and PostgreSQL
- familiarity with Docker
- familiarity with Agile and Lean methodologies
- opportunity to work on the international ePOS project in cooperation with one of the world’s top food ordering companies
- flat structure and a real impact on the company growth
- mentoring programme and regular 1:1 meetings
- best practices such as Code Review, Pair programming or Continuous integration
- 20-26 paid days off + extra days for Polish bank holidays regardless of the contract type
- office library with an extra budget for professional books
- MultiSport and private medical package
- good equipment: MacBook and additional accessories
- flexible schedule and remote work possibility
- good localisation: Gdańsk Wrzeszcz with a parking space nearby
- Bright Day once a month for non-project stuff
- team retreats once a quarter
- weekly sport classes and Friday in-house yoga time
- board games evenings and weekly lunch roulette initiative
Do you want to be a part of our Bright Team? Apply!
In case you have any questions, contact email@example.com.